I’m still brand new to this whole blog thing and amazed anyone other than my 9-year old would pay any attention to it, but I do get some hits and was actually nominated for two Lovely Blog Awards by two of my favorite bloggers out there in the big world wide web. So first and foremost, thank you so much to Doodle Dad and LestTwentyTwo for their nominations! DoodleDad is the Superman of Fathers and is an incredible artist. I enjoy his touching & heartfelt blog very much and his work is amazing. LestTwentyTwo is an incredible artist as well and draws an original comic strip that I dig. I’m a sucker for cute comics! Really great work. I think my blog sucks so I’m really blown away. Thank you thank you thank you!
So, the rules:
-Thank the person/people who nominated you and link back to them in your post.
-Share seven possibly unknown things about yourself.
-Nominate fifteen or so bloggers you admire.
-Contact the chosen bloggers to let them know and link back to them.
Seven unknown things about myself….
1. I love heavy metal. I find it so relaxing and stress reducing. I can pop on my headphones, crank the Maiden, and just melt away into a deep slumber. But don’t tell anyone that I’m a rabid Jamiroquai fan too. I don’t know how it happened either.
2. I’m loud, obnoxious, and probably drink too much. But I am a highly respected and very active Boy Scout Leader and member of my daughter’s PTA at school. (At least I think I am.) Again, don’t tell anyone. I really love these volunteer jobs and would love to keep them. I don’t act like the irresponsible, big mouth fool that I am in front of the kids. Much.
3. I am an avid scuba diver. And I live in Seattle, Washington where the water is cold, dark, murky, with lots of currents. Most divers would scoff at these conditions let alone get in the water, but I swear to you the underwater world here is every bit as unique and far out as your favorite tropical dive site. Albeit, not as pretty. Not at all. But we are the only place in the world you can find the Giant Pacific Octopus!
4. I have never been outside of North America, but will be in Great Britain one week from today and you wouldn’t even believe me if I told you HOW EXCITED I AM!
5. I have worked for the same company for 22 years and could not be happier there. Only another 146 years and I can finally retire.
6. I don’t eat any vegetables. Ever. Well, maybe an occasional carrot. Vegetables suck.
7. While I really loved Thor & Captain America comics growing up, my favorite was always Richie Rich. So embarrassing…<head hung in shame.>
My favorite blogs that you should check out!
Sassy Hand Turkey – very creative sketches. Love ’em
Ali R. Thome – Awesome caricaturist
Dannymartinart – USPS box art! Cranks out the portraits. Great stuff usually from classic movies.
Yes I am being facetious – I really dig the artwork!
Red is Not Dead – This one blows me away. Love these drawings!
Fingerprint Len – Quite possibly the cutest little blog on the web. It’s irresistible.
Absterabbi – A potpourri of everything! Finds all the great stuff!
Superquieteye – Another love. The finest collection of stick people on the planet. Drew me a “Metallica” today. I’m getting a TShirt made. Don’t tell him. I don’t want to pay him. 🙂
Runaway Jane – Entertaining little Scot who travels the world over and shares with all of us. Great!
Amanda McManaman – Simply amazing.
Ashcat Blog – So very, very cool. Dark, cute, and great!